Thursday 10 April 2014

Why I selected Windows Phone

I am a brand loyal guy, if its not Nokia its not a phone I used to say :) well I guess 16 years later I am still using a Nokia device. I am also a loyal Microsoft guy, so what do you think happened when Microsoft announced that they were using Nokia as their flagship phone, yep I added it to the wish list.
We online to clove.co.uk and on the 12 Nov 2012 I got this email

"Dear Mr Ndlovu,

Order Reference: CTXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for placing an order with Clove Technology for

Products
1 x Nokia Lumia 920 (NOK-LUM920, £433.33)
( Contract is SIM-FREE, Colour is White, Memory is 32GB, Grade is NEW ) "


And since then my £433.33 still feels well spent.

So what exactly did I get, first I got a device that has a Gorilla screen and a camera that is so good it takes pictures at night that clear.

Let me just illustrate this with the contents of my Phone

First my start screen I have used small live tiles and managed to fit 28 tiles on a single screen,

 
So when I swipe right I get to see the Apps that I have installed not the lives but the list of Apps, click on the letter and get an alphabetic view and selecting a letter will show me apps that use the letter as the their title first character
 
 
Then the Apps themselves look a little like this when viewing them away from the live tiles
 
 
When check the settings I can view System defined Settings and or Application Settings 

 
 
 

 
While check out settings I can also view Extras and info which should let me know the version of system updates
 
 
 
 


I can view an overview of how my storage is being used in the device and I can have a detailed view

 
My windows phone comes jam packed with goodies for instance we are leaving in a world when data availability is a necessity. I want to be able to access my files from any place any time. And with Office365 installed by default I have just that
 
 
 
Besides having access to Office I have access to OneDrive formerly called SkyDrive, and with OneDrive I cloud at my fingertips I can store App settings, data, video and pictures.


 

I have access to HERE services Maps, drive and City Lense, Maps give you an accurate location search and now you can even edit your location Maps by going to Here.com

 
Best of all HERE allows users to download and use Maps offline, this is handy when travelling and you have no data service you can still use Here Drive(+). You will still get a very accurate GPS service based on your location and direction search.
 



I can use another Here service to be able to explore and find all the locations and spots that are in my city or place where I am. I have access to historical information about buildings and sites. I can get an augmented view of the city

 
Nokia has many services that it offers to its clients, most of which leverage on the camera and technology of the camera. 

 
 
The precious memories that we have in our phones from our travels can be now made in to a story line use location and dates of when pictures were taken you can create your own storyline complete with timeline, places and even your favorite spots


 




You even make your movie using Nokia Video Director, this awesome app allows you to take video and edit it to suit you basically create a movie of your

 
These are just some of the fascinating feature that basically made me fall in love with my Nokia Lumia 920. So much so that I have even gotten myself a Lumia 625 Black and still have to get  Yellow, Cyan and Red devices to complete the set.


1 comment:

  1. look out for more on the Lumia and where Microsoft is headed with the Windows phone platform

    ReplyDelete